Saturday 6 March 2010

Dolls Clothes

Last week, I offered to fulfil a ravelry RAK and knit doll clothes for a raveler's neice. I knew I had several vintage patterns that I inherited from my Nana.

I happily knitted up a set in 4ply sock yarn, thinking to myself at the time that it wasn't the fastest project in the world because of the thinner yarn. One set complete, I returned to rummage for a different pattern to use. I found another one in 4 ply...and then a set in 3 ply...and then one using 2 ply yarn...what the heck?! These are to dress a doll, not a baby! Impatient, I bought a modern pattern, and coupled the cardigan with a free (lovely) pinafore dress pattern on ravelry. I spent a morning knitting up the t-shirt vest from said pattern to discover it wouldn't fit over my dolls head - and not just a little tight, this was way out.

So another pattern started to form in my mind - something versatile, in double knit, quick and cute. Initially I thought this could be offered on ravelry as a pay-to-download, but I'm not quite confident enough to do that yet, so it's another freebie and hopefully it'll be enjoyed :)

Pattern coming up in next post :)

1 comment:

  1. These are to dress a doll, not a baby! Impatient, I bought a modern pattern, and coupled the cardigan with a free (lovely) pinafore dress pattern on ravelry. babydolls

    ReplyDelete